NEW YEAR’S REVOLUTIONS
I have one focus this year, to “have in me the mind of Christ Jesus,” (Philippians 2:5), which allows me to be in the presence of Christ and sit in the stillness of my heart and wait.
TEN THINGS I WOULD LIKE TO SEE HAPPEN WITHIN THE CATHOLIC CHURCH
- Be faithful to Christ and the Mystical Body. (one, holy, catholic, apostolic)
- Be humble about who you are in the sign of God.
- Love others as Christ loves you.
- Recognize the responsibility you have assumed as an adopted son or daughter of the Father and seek God daily.
- Feel what it means to be an outcast from the world, a foreigner in the land of the secular, one who bears the mark of our redemption on their souls (the cross).
- Daily, convert your life to be more like Christ and less like the secular world. (existence without hope)
- With all your heart, mind, and soul, go into that Temple of the Holy Spirit that you are, and sit in silence and solitude before the Ark of the Covenant.
- Long to stand sentinel before the Blessed Sacrament in your parish and ask God to be merciful on you as a sinner.
- Pray for souls in Purgatory that they may be loosed from their sins.
- Join in collective prayer in the parish, the diocese, and the church universal.