TEARING DOWN RATHER THAN MAKING ALL THINGS NEW
Here are some thoughts to ponder.
- When we tear down something rather than reform it, we have nothing to replace it with except our self. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2a2fAEQaGo
- Any reform based on justice without mercy is not only doomed to fail but will fail its supporters.
- You can have hatred for a system without looking at the human faces that populate it, whatever side you are on.
- Those iconoclasts who think that they improve anything by destroying it are doomed to worship at the Golden Calf of their own failures.
- Any movement, any religion, any constitution that does not include all the people will eventually be overthrown by the weight of its own failure to love others.
- In the heat of hatred and fear, the tyranny of a few can overthrow and seduce the many.
- Only love can heal the human heart. When those who hate everyone turn all their energies to helping people to love as Christ loves us, then we can move forward.
- Causing factions (Galatians 5) will not allow those with hatred in their hearts to banish justice. “It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye.” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkiZuu79N_I How do you tame your own heart in relationship to God? isn’t this called contemplation, sitting on a park bench in the midst of winter, waiting for Christ to stop by?
- Making all things new is only possible with Christ so doesn’t it stand to reason that humans must seek mercy and forgiveness and try to heal those wounds that cause cuts in our hearts. To heal the cuts love is the only cure that lasts.
- The Devil has surely convinced people that they are correct in following the choices of Adam and Eve rather than of Christ (“Love others, as I have loved you.”). The Devil seduces us with the promise that breaking down will cause a building up. See the sssseducation of the snake in this video clip from The Little Prince. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUTEhEPONgc We don’t even realize what is going on because we measure truth by our own feelings and not from God. What has God got to do with this anyway?
In the larger sense, all that is going on in today’s world, or any period of time, is a reflection that humans have still not learned to love and that we need Christ to help us make all things new.