CAN YOU PASS THIS TEST?
Academia stresses the need for testing to determine proficiency or even mastery in a particular subject. Not to be outclassed, here are a few questions that you have to answer, sooner or later.
- WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF LIFE? Call it philosophical or just plain common sense, in our heart of hearts, all humans yearn to know what they know.
- WHAT IS MY PURPOSE IN LIFE? Based on what life is all about, it important for you to know why you are here, your reason for existence, I also call this my center, the one principle from which all other principles and values flow in any way.
- WHAT DOES REALITY LOOK LIKE? Depending on how you answer this, you might have assumptions about life that are quite different from your neighbor. For example, if you live in just the physical and mental universe, you won’t be as likely to see invisible reality as real. That can be a big problem if you are spiritual.
- HOW DOES REALITY ALL FIT TOGETHER? All reality fits together, although we don’t know exactly how. The problem is compounded when you add invisible reality into the mix. Whose invisible reality? Truth is one, not multiple, although we use reason to peel back the layers of profound knowledge, reason alone will not account for invisible reality, the realm of Faith and Hope and Love.
- WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO LOVE FIERCELY? If you answered the first two questions, you will have the answer to this question, although it is more obscure. If you can answer this question, you can move on to the final one.
- YOU KNOW YOU ARE GOING TO DIE, NOW WHAT? If you have answered all these questions correctly, and some of them take a lifetime to acquire, you know the answer to this question.
I have answers to all these questions which you may find in my book, Six Thresholds of Life, contained in the Store section of this blog.
Did you pass? Did you fail? You may want to look into these six questions, your life depends on it.
That in all things, may God be glorified. –St. Benedict