TEN PRACTICES THAT BRING FULFILLMENT TO ME AS A CATHOLIC
Remember that Catholic is the name for those individuals who share one faith, one lord, one baptism,
Unity in the Body.
1* I, then, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to live in a manner worthy of the call you have received,a
2with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another through love,b
3striving to preserve the unity of the spirit through the bond of peace:c
4* one body and one Spirit, as you were also called to the one hope of your call;d
5one Lord, one faith, one baptism;e
6one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.f
- BEING A LAY CISTERCIAN
- BEING SOMEONE WHO SEEKS GOD EVERY DAY, AS I CAN.
- BEING SOMEONE WHO HAS THE CHRIST PRINCIPLE AS MY CENTER.
- BEING SOMEONE WHO MUST CONSTANTLY KEEP CHRIST AS MY CENTER THROUGH SILENCE, SOLITUDE, PRAYER, WORK, AND COMMUNITY.
- WRITE DOWN MY THOUGHTS ABOUT WHAT THE HOLY SPIRIT PROMPTS WITHOUT WORRYING ABOUT IF I AM RIGHT, OR WHO WILL READ IT.
- SPENDING TIME BEFORE THE BLESSED SACRAMENT.
- CREATING AN ARC OF THE COVENANT OF IN MY OFFICE WHERE I HOUSE FOUR ITEMS THAT REMIND ME THAT I MUST TAKE UP MY CROSS EACH DAY, TO FOLLOW THE FOOTSTEPS OF CHRIST.
- AS I NOTICEABLY DECLINE IN PHYSICAL HEALTH (AND PROBABLY MENTAL HEALTH), TO LOOK FORWARD TO SHARING MY INHERITANCE AS AN ADOPTED SON (DAUGHTER) OF THE FATHER.
- SITTING ON A PARK BENCH IN THE MIDDLE OF WINTER ONLY WISHING TO BE NEAR TO THE HEART OF CHRIST WITHOUT WORDS, MY AGENDA, BUT RATHER LISTENING WITH THE EAR OF THE HEART.
- CREATING MORE BOOKS, BLOGS, AND MAYBE A YOUTUBE VIDEO ON CONTEMPLATIVE PRACTICE AS I UNDERSTAND IT.