MY GOALS FROM NOW UNTIL FOREVER
GOALS FROM NOW UNTIL THEN
I have compiled a list of several things I want to accomplish before I move realities. Here they are in no order of importance. I have a bucket list (hopefully one without holes.) Do you remember the song about the hole in the bucket? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijc1eJVR9Qw
- Each day, as I begin my day with the sign of the cross on my forehead, offer it for the honor and glory of God and in reparation for my sins.
- Each day, I write down my three or four mini-Lectio Divina sessions with the Holy Spirit on my blog.
- Each day, I read Chapter 4 of the Rule of St. Benedict with the hope that I might become what I read.
- Each day, I seek God wherever I am and as I am.
- Fix my residence with senior aides for railings and bathroom fixtures from VA.
- Decide to live in this residence until I expire.
- Install a solar panel roof to make us energy independent.
- Continue to be a part of the Lay Cistercians of Our Lady of the Holy Spirit Monastery (Trappist) as long as I am lucid (hopefully for a long time).
- Attend my Class of 1966 reunion this year at Brown County State Park, Indiana, on August 3-5, 2021. www.saintmeinrad.edu
- Complete the manuscripts for the following books:
- The Art of Contemplative Practice (50% completed)
- The Divine Equation (98% completed)
- The Five Storey Church (30% completed)
One of the things that keep my mind from atrophying is to write down my Lectio Divina experiences so that you might read them. Whatever I link to the honor and glory of God, I can take with me to heaven, be it a sunset, the fresh smell of rain, the relationships I make along the way.
Pray for me through, with, and in Christ to the glory of the Father.